For the first time, IES is hosting IES Innovation Day as part of the 9th annual ED Games Expo. This full day event of engaging panel sessions, taking place Thursday, September 21, 2023, from 9:00 AM to 3:15 PM, will highlight IES’s investments in advanced research and development. The day will feature—
- Lightning talks from IES-funded project teams who have developed and conducted research on education technology (EdTech) innovations
- Sessions on modernizing the research and development infrastructure and preparing to scale evidence-based products
- Demos of IES-funded EdTech products
- An afternoon session with IES Director Mark Schneider focused on the Institute’s vision for achieving transformative impact at scale
- Remarks by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy Director, Arati Prabhakar
IES Innovation Day is one of the many events taking place at the 2023 ED Games Expo this September 19-22 at the Kennedy Center REACH and at locations across Washington, DC. The ED Games Expo is the public showcase of game changing EdTech innovations created through more than 50 programs at the IES, the U.S. Department of Education, and across government. This multi-day event engages a broad audience, including EdTech developers and researchers, organizations across the education ecosystem, students and educators, members of the public including families and children, and representatives and leaders from Federal agencies and offices.
Register to attend these free events:
Can’t make it to the Expo in-person? Join through a livestreamed Science is Cool virtual event on Thursday, September 21 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time. Speakers at the virtual event will include EdTech developers and STEM education experts who will discuss their classroom interventions and share how they used art and design in creating them.