A block of rooms has been reserved at a negotiated conference rate of $209.00 per night (plus all applicable taxes). Please contact the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel to book your reservation by contacting Marriott Reservations at 1 (888) 236-2427 or (202) 328-2000. Please reference "2009 IES Research Conference" to secure the conference rate. The negotiated room rate is available until Wednesday, May 13, 2009. All room and incidental charges, as well as taxes, are the responsibility of the individual traveler.
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Road NW
Washington, DC 20008
Phone: (202) 328-2000
Fax: (202) 234-0015
- Click here to go directly to the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel website.
- Click here for driving directions to the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
- Coffeemaker with Complimentary Coffee/Tea in each sleeping room
- STSN High Speed Internet Connection in each sleeping room (fee attached)
- Laundry/Valet Service
- Shoe Shine Service
- Nonsmoking Policy
On-Site Restaurants and Lounges
- Lobby Bar new and expanded
- Stone's Throw Restaurant and Bar
- Woodley Market new and expanded
- On-site parking fee: $17.00 per hour and $31.36 per day
- Valet parking fee: $36.96 per day (with in and out privileges)
Day 1, Sunday, June 7, 2009
The conference will begin with on-site registration and check-in from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and will include late afternoon grantee meetings, conducted by IES program officers. A welcome reception and the first of three poster sessions scheduled for the conference will follow these meetings. Conference attendees will be able to view all poster presentations, featuring the research of predoctoral fellows, postdoctoral fellows, and grant and contract awardees.
Day 2, Monday, June 8, 2009
The second day of the conference will begin with on-site registration, check-in, a continental breakfast, and an opening plenary session. Concurrent panel and open forum sessions, featuring presentations by IES grantees and contractors, as well as invited speakers, will follow these events. A plated lunch with a plenary speaker will follow the morning sessions. The afternoon agenda will continue with concurrent panel and open forum sessions, and will conclude with the second of three poster sessions scheduled for the conference. Attendees will again be able to view all poster presentations, featuring the research of predoctoral fellows, postdoctoral fellows, and grant and contract awardees.
Day 3, Tuesday, June 9, 2009
The last day of the conference will open with a continental breakfast. The day will include concurrent panel and open forum sessions, and will close with the last of the three poster sessions scheduled for the conference, adjourning at 1:00 p.m. Again, conference attendees will be able to view all poster presentations, featuring the research of predoctoral fellows, postdoctoral fellows, and grant and contract awardees.
On-site Registration and Check-in Times (Tentative)
Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, June 8, 2009 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Three airports serve the Washington, DC Metropolitan area: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
, Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
, and Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Train and bus arrivals are conducted through Union Station.
- The average one-way taxi fare to/from each of the airports and the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is approximately
- DCA: $18.00 to $20.00
- IAD: $55.00 to $65.00
- BWI: $55.00 to $85.00
- Airport Shuttle Service:
The average one-way shuttle to/from each of the airports and the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is approximately
The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel does not provide shuttle service to and from the airport. To book a shuttle, please visit http://www.supershuttle.com or call 1 (800) 258-3826 (Blue Van).
- DCA: $15.00 for the first passenger then $11.00 for each additional person up to a total of 7
- IAD: $30.00 for the first passenger then $11.00 for each additional person up to a total of 7
- BWI: $36.00 for the first passenger then $13.00 for each additional person up to a total of 7
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) Metrorail system is a convenient way to travel within and around the DC area. There is a metro station in Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Please click here for additional WMATA information.
- The closest Metro Station is Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan on the Red Line.
When exiting the station, turn right, cross the street, and proceed up the hill towards the hotel.
Arlington National Cemetery
Cultural Tourism—Historic DC Neighborhoods
Destination DC—Travel & Tourism
Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
Marine Corps War Memorial
National Gallery of Art
National Zoological Park
Regal Gallery Place Stadium 14 Movie Theater
Rock Creek Park
Please click here
for local area restaurants.