Members of the National Board for Education Sciences
On January 31, 2014, David J. Chard was elected chair of the presidentially-appointed board of directors for the Institute of Education Sciences in the U.S. Department of Education. Susanna Loeb was elected vice chair. The Board is composed of prominent researchers, school administrators, and business executives.
Other Board members include:
- Dr. Anthony S. Bryk, President of The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Stanford, California
- Dr. David J. Chard, Dean of the Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development at Southern Methodist University
- Dr. Darryl J. Ford, Head of School for William Penn Charter School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Michael Feuer, Dean of Graduate School of Education and Development, George Washington University
- Dr. Adam Gamoran, President, William T. Grant Foundation
- Dr. Kris D. Gutiérrez, Professor of Literacy and Learning Sciences, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Dr. Larry V. Hedges, Board of Trustees Professor of Statistics and Social Policy and Faculty Fellow, Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University
- Dr. Susanna Loeb, Barnett Family Professor of Education, Stanford University
- Dr. Bridget Terry Long, Academic Dean and the Xander Professor of Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Dr. Deborah Phillips, Professor of Psychology and Associate Faculty in Public Policy Institute at Georgetown University
- Dr. Judith D. Singer, James Bryant Conant Professor of Education and Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity at Harvard University
- Dr. Robert Teranishi, Morgan and Helen Chu Endowed Chair in Asian American Studies at the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies
- Dr. Robert A. Underwood, President, University of Guam
- Dr. Hirokazu Yoshikawa, Courtney Sale Ross University Professor of Globalization and Education, New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
To learn more about the board, please contact Dr. Kenann McKenzie-Thompson.