Members of the National Board for Education Sciences
On October 5, 2012, Bridget Terry Long was re-elected chair of the presidentially-appointed board of directors for the Institute of Education Sciences in the U.S. Department of Education. She had previously served as vice chair and as chair. Kris Gutiérrez was re-elected vice chair. The Board is composed of prominent researchers, school administrators, and business executives.
Other Board members include:
- Dr. Anthony S. Bryk, President of The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Stanford, California
- Dr. David J. Chard, Dean of the Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development at Southern Methodist University
- Dr. Darryl J. Ford, Head of School for William Penn Charter School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Adam Gamoran, President, William T. Grant Foundation
- Dr. Robert C. Granger, independent consultant
- Kris D. Gutiérrez, Professor of Literacy and Learning Sciences, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Dr. Larry V. Hedges, Board of Trustees Professor of Statistics and Social Policy and Faculty Fellow, Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University
- Dr. Susanna Loeb, Barnett Family Professor of Education, Stanford University
- Bridget Terry Long Academic Dean and the Xander Professor of Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Dr. Margaret R. "Peggy" McLeod Deputy Vice President for Education and Workforce Development at the National Council of La Raza
- Dr. Judith D. Singer, James Bryant Conant Professor of Education and Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity at Harvard University
- Dr. Robert A. Underwood, President, University of Guam
- Dr. Hirokazu Yoshikawa, Courtney Sale Ross University Professor of Globalization and Education, New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development