Resources for Researchers
A collection of available data, videos, training materials, and more designed for active researchers.
FY2016 Funded Grants
IES recently awarded 82 new grants in Education Research. Learn more about the new 2016 grants and IES Research Grant program areas.
- Education Research Grants (CFDA 84.305A)
- Pathways to the Education Sciences Research Training Program (CFDA 83.305B)
- National Research and Development Centers (CFDA 84.305C)
- Statistical and Research Methodology in Education – Early Career (CFDA 84.305D)
- Researcher-Practitioner Partnerships in Education Research (CFDA 84.305H)
- Low-Cost, Short-Duration Evaluation of Education Interventions (CFDA 84.305L)
- Scalable Strategies to Support College Completion Network (CFDA 84.305N)
- Supporting Early Learning From Preschool Through Early Elementary School Grades Network (CFDA 84.305N)
Executive Function: Implications for Education
Executive function (EF) skills are the attention-regulation skills that make it possible to sustain attention, keep goals and information in mind, refrain from responding immediately, resist distraction, tolerate frustration, consider the consequences of different behaviors, reflect on past experiences, and plan for the future. As EF research progresses, scientists, teachers, and parents are becoming more aware of the importance of these skills for learning in school settings for all students and especially for those at risk due to various factors, such as disabilities.
IES Principal Investigators Meeting
Information on the 2016 IES Principal Investigators Meeting.
While this event is open only to IES PIs, materials and videos from some sessions will be posted after the meeting.