2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010
- 2022, October – NASA's national TechRise Student Challenge is administered by Future Engineer's platform, which was developed through ED/IES SBIR. Read Here.
- 2022, September – ED/IES SBIR-supported small business Learning Ovations is acquired by Scholastic to support scale-up of the A2i formative assessment reading program. Read Here.
- 2022, September – ED/IES SBIR awardee PocketLab enters partnerships for its Notebook to be used with content providers including OpenSciED, K12 publisher Kendall-Hunt (Read Here), and ISS National Laboratory (Read Here).
- 2022, August – Inside IES Research features three ED/IES SBIR projects and one IES research project whose research-based education technology is used for remote and in-person tutoring at scale. Read Here.
- 2022, August – TechCompanyNews features ED/IES SBIR awardee KooApps in an interview. Read Here.
- 2022 August - ED/IES SBIR awardee MidSchoolMath enters agreements with schools in Portland, Oregon, Green Bay Wisconsin, Livonia, Michigan, and schools in 32 states to use its Core Curriculum program for the next 6 years.
- 2022, August – ED/IES SBIR awardee PocketLab hosted its 9th Science is Cool (SciC) virtual event featuring innovative approaches for STEM teaching and learning. The nine events have been viewed by more than 100,000 educators in real time. Read Here.
- 2022, August – ED/IES SBIR awardee Core Learning Exchange partners with the National Indian Education Association to extends its SBIR-developed platform to win a Catalyst Challenge award to develop workforce training for students in Native American Tribal communities. Read Here.
- 2022, July – Inside IES Research features ED/IES SBIR awardee Gigantic Mechanic for its collaboration on a new grant with iCivics from the National Endowment for the Arts and for winning the Best Civics Game at the Games for Change Festival for its roleplaying game VOXPOP. Read Here.
- 2022, July – ED/IES SBIR awardee CodeSpark wins a 2022 SBIR Tibbets Award from the Small Business Administration, while Learning Ovations is a finalist among the more than 600 submissions. Read Here.
- 2022, June – ED/IES SBIR awardee Literably won an award through the Schmidt Futures Tools Competition in the Learning Engineering area. Read Here.
- 2022, June – Inside IES Research presents the 2022 awards of the ED/IES SBIR program. Read Here.
- 2022, June – Success For All enters an agreement for ED/IES SBIR-supported reading intervention, The Lightning Squad by Sirius Thinking, to be used in all Baltimore City Schools. Read Here.
- 2022, June – KooApps wins a Gold Medal at the Serious Games conference for its ED/IES SBIR supported game for English Learners, Pictoword School. Read Here.
- 2022, June – ED/IES SBIR awardee Readorium was acquired by Beable, an online literacy website for students. Read Here.
- 2022, May – ED/IES SBIR awardee SoundTown (previously Hoogalit) wins the People's Choice Award from the State Education Technology Directors Association (SETDA). Read Here.
- 2022, April – ED/IES SBIR awardees Cognitive Toybox is a Top 20 finalist at the GSV Cup and Edify and Rock By Rock are Top 100 finalists. Read Here.
- 2022, April – Education Modified wins a Cool Tool award from EdTech Digest, with Analytic Measures, Capti Voice, and Turnitin earning recognition as a Finalist. Read Here.
- 2022, April – Inside IES Research details GOOGLE's acquisition of Moby.Read and Skill Check, oral reading fluency assessments which were developed through IES and ED/IES SBIR awards by Analytic Measures. Read Here.
- 2022, March – Schell Games and Thames and Cosmos release a low-cost 2D version of Happy Atoms, which was originally developed through ED/IES SBIR. Read Here. TARGET begins selling Happy Atoms and Happy Atoms 2D at its stores around the country.
- 2022, January – Former ED/IES SBIR awardee eSpark raises a venture capital investment to scale its personalized learning platform. Read Here.